top of page
Kahikatea Outdoor Education Academy
"Where Adventure Changes Lives"
The Kahikatea Outdoor Education Academy focuses all of its programmes around education. We believe that experiences are great, but we want participants to go away with more than an experience. Participants can expect to learn about themselves, relating to others, self management and the theories and practice behind all of the activities.
- Relating to others
- Participating and contributing
- Using language symbols and text
- Managing self
Students taking part in KOEA will:
- have the opportunity to demonstrate leadership amongst their peer group
- have the opportunity to experience and participate in a wide range of outdoor activities, learning about themselves and becoming more aware of others
- learn about river dynamics, river safety and how, where and when to cross a river
- learn about beach safety, including rips, tides and safe swimming
- learn about bush survival, including how to make a temporary shelter and basic bush craft
- be challenged and encouraged in a range Adventure Based Learning, with the opportunity to work in a team to problem-solve
- learn about basic rope systems, knots and safety systems
- learn about kayaking paddle strokes and safety
- learn about how caves are formed and have the opportunity to move through a cave, demonstrating care for the cave environment
- learn how to prepare and cook their own meals on an open fire
PLUS so much more...
bottom of page